UNVEILED: TVS-BMW G 310 RPosted On: November 12, 2015 By : AutoLife Team
BMW has officially unveiled its first sub-500cc offering with India-based TVS Motor Company – the G 310 R. Developed in Munich by BMW Motorrad and produced in India by TVS Motor Company, the TVS-BMW G310R is designed specifically for the emerging markets. The BMW G 310 R that can run on the most diverse fuel qualities, meets all emission standards and takes the typical BMW premium aspiration to the segment under 500 cc.The roadster is powered by a 313cc, single-cylinder, 4-valve liquid-cooled DOHC engine with fuel injection that produces a whopping 34 BHP of power at 9500 RPM and 28 Nm of torque at 7500 RPM. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox.The powerfully expressive design of the BMW G 310 R instantly reveals its agile, dynamic character, and an unmistakable visual kinship with athletic family members such as the BMW S 1000 R. The small headlamp mask with striking headlamp, dynamically modelled fuel tank trim elements and characteristic roadster proportions with a striking front section and dynamic rear give the BMW G 310 R a mature presence on the road. High-end details such as a standard upside-down fork, quality materials, supplementary fittings and excellent workmanship all reflect the premium aspiration of the BMW G 310 R.Like all BMW motorcycles, the new G 310 R is fitted with ABS as standard. It combines a powerful brake system with 2-channel ABS. At the front wheel, a single-disc brake with radially bolted 4-piston fixed caliper and a brake disc diameter of 300 millimetres ensures powerful and stable deceleration. At the rear, this function is performed by a 2-piston floating caliper in conjunction with a 240-millimetre brake disc. The G 310 R instrument cluster has a large liquid crystal display that offers excellent clarity and a wide range of information.An individually harmonised range of BMW Motorrad optional accessories is provided which perfectly matches the overall concept of the G 310 R. These include low seat, comfort seat, luggage bridge, 30-litre topcase, centre stand, LED turn indicators, 12-v socket and heated grips. Though, the company hasn’t yet confirm the launch date of the bike, the TVS-BMW roadster is likely to be launched in India by early 2016.
The highlights of the new BMW G 310 R:
- Innovative liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine with two overhead camshafts, backward-tilted cylinder and intake tract positioned at the front.
- Output 25 kW (34 hp) at 9 500 rpm and a maximum torque of 28 Nm at 7 500 rpm.
- Rigid tubular steel frame, upside-down fork and long swinging arm for a high degree of ride stability, precise steering response and sound handling.
- Tyres 110/70 R 17 at front and 150/60 R 17 at rear.
- High-performance brake system and ABS as standard.
- Sophisticated ergonomics and multifunctional instrument cluster.
- Low seat height of just 785 millimetres.
- Dynamic roadster design with echoes of the S 1000 R.
- Individually tailored optional accessories in the familiar high quality typical of BMW Motorrad