HERO MOTOCORP LAUNCHES THE XTREME 200R IN INDIAPosted On: January 30, 2018 By : supervisor
In line with their new product strategy which focuses on a more upscale, performance oriented machines, Hero Motocorp launched an all-new motorcycle in Delhi Today. The Hero Xtreme NXT 200R will be the bike maker’s first all-new 200 cc+ bike in as many years after going solo post their split with Honda.
The Hero Xtreme 200R is the company’s all-new performance motorcycle that’s set to take on the likes of the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V and Bajaj Pulsar NS200. It is powered by an air cooled, single cylinder, 4-stroke 200 cc engine which is good for 18.4 PS at 8,000 rpm and 17.1 Nm at 6,500 rpm, all going to the rear wheel via a 5-speed gearbox. The bike features a Semi digital instrument console, LED taillamps, tank pad as standard, 276mm front disc brake, 220 mm rear disc, optional ABS and very nice graphics. Engine features a balancer shaft to reduce vibrations. Develops 18.4 PS at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque of 17.1 Nm at 6,500 rpm.
Some of its other features are:
- 0 – 60 kph in 4.6 seconds. Top speed: 114 kph
- 37mm front forks with anti-friction bush
- 8-way adjustable rear mono shock
- First Hero Motocorp bike with a 130 section MRF Revvz radial rear tyre
- Five colour options available. The bike will arrive in showrooms in India starting April 2018
- The Xtreme 200R feature LED pilot lamps and LED taillights